Thank-You Report #118

Reported by W.M. in Osaka on 27 May 1952

From around February 1950, I felt broadened in the lower abdomen and uncomfortable. I didn’t think that it was serious. So, I left it. However, I had brownish vaginal discharge from the end of March. As time passed, I had a large amount of discharge. I was losing appetite and getting week. I went to the clinic nearby but the doctor didn’t find the cause. He introduced me to a police hospital. After the examination, the doctor said, “You have a small boil in the uterus. We should examine it. Come here for a while.” I went to the police hospital every day with anxiety.

On 15 May, the boil was extracted. Then I heard I suffered from uterine cancer. I felt as if I was pushed down to the bottom of the valley. The doctor told me to have an operation before it was too late. I wanted to recover. I believed in medicine and had the operation. I was glad that I made good progress after the operation. I had my stitches removed five days after that. However, I discharged urine only when I had a tube inserted through the urethra. Such a condition never changed even ten days had passed since the operation. The doctor said, “You have difficulty urinating after the operation. Try to discharge it on your own.” I tried to change my mood and prayed to a god. I felt like crying but tried to do my best to discharge urine. However, I didn’t get a single drop of urine. Eighteen days after the operation, I had a vaginal discharge. It was like urine. I was worried if the bladder was hurt and the urine leaked out. I asked the doctor about my condition. He just said, “Don’t worry about anything.” However, my condition was getting worse. I finally stopped urinating even if I had a tube inserted through the urethra.

I had an operation because I wanted to recover. On the contrary, I rather became disabled. I was terribly disappointed with myself. I even thought that I should have died unknowingly during the operation. One month after the operation, the doctor told me that I could leave the hospital. How could I do so in my terrible condition? I was still at the hospital but my condition had never improved. Fifty days had passed since I had the operation. I finally left the hospital. My physical and mental suffering had increased.

One day, I went to the clinic in the town as my acquaintance recommended. The doctor said, “The surgery failed. You have two holes in the bladder. I am sorry but it cannot be helped. You should eat what you want and do what you like as much as possible. Then forget your physical problem.” My last one-percent hope had disappeared. I didn’t wipe my overflowing tears. I didn’t know how I came home. I felt angry at the doctor’s irresponsibility but it was too late. I couldn’t do anything. I had lived a hell-like life. At the beginning of August, my sister-in-law said to me, “Why don’t you ask for God?” I decided to follow her advice though I was half in doubt. I was introduced to Mr A by the believer of Sekai-Meshiya-kyo. When I received Johrei, I felt lighter mentally and physically. I had never experienced that. Mr A told me about Sekai-Meshiya-kyo. I just wanted to be saved. On 16 August, my sister-in-law took me to the church of Sekai-Meshiya-kyo to worship. I took religious training from Mr T and became a believer.

I stopped medicine and injections. I looked forward to my sister-in-law taking me to the church. I received Johrei a few times a day at home. Thanks to Meshiya-sama, I often had mild purification after becoming a believer in Sekai-Meshiya-kyo. I enjoyed a meal and felt better little by little. However, the wound in the bladder was not yet healed. The doctor gave me up but I got better by Johrei. I felt grateful but I still wanted to get back my healthy body. I apologised for my sins and prayed to God. Mr T said to me, “Just depend on Meshiya-sama. You are sure to be saved.” I relied on his words and single-mindedly depended on Meshiya-sama. At about 3 a.m. on 22 November, I felt severe pain from the side to the waist. I received Johrei from my sister-in-law but the pain got much severer. I couldn’t sleep nor wake. I asked Mr T to come at the break of dawn. I soon received Johrei from him and my pain relieved in an hour.

The next morning, I suddenly woke up at the same time as I received Johrei the previous day. I found that I had less leak of urine than usual. I also wanted to go to the bathroom. I passed urine through the urethra. I was so glad that I thought I was dreaming. I went to the bathroom about an hour later. I passed urine from the urethra again though I also leaked urine from the bladder. I was overjoyed and said before I knew, “Thank you very much, Meshiya-sama and Dai-Komyo-Nyorai-sama.” I was crying with joy. Please understand my joy. I passed urine through the urethra for the first time in six months. I felt on top of the world. I cannot describe my joy with my poor writing. I was too excited to sleep. I gave a phone call to Mr T at the break of dawn. Mr T and A were very glad to hear my news as if it were their own.

My sister-in-law and I were given permission to have a meeting with Meshiya-sama by my husband. I thought that I would recover as long as I met Meshiya-sama. That thought occupied my mind very much but I remembered that my urine still half leaked. I felt as if l had awakened from my dream. Furthermore, 18 Mach was approaching. It was the day when I had a meeting with Meshiya-sama at the spring ceremony. Mr T and A said to me, “Don’t worry. God makes things good.” It was not someone else’s problem. I just earnestly prayed to Meshiya-sama again; “Please protect me.” What a surprise! I had received another great grace.

Oh! Thank you very much, Meshiya-sama. In the morning of the 15th March, I smoothly and perfectly passed urine through the urethra. It was just three days before I would see Meshiya-sama. My dream had come true. On the long-awaited day of the 18th, I had a meeting with Meshiya-sama for the first time.  I didn’t know how to describe my joy. I was absolutely speechless.

On 19 March, I visited the church to report my safe journey to worship. On the way back home, I accidentally met the wife of the doctor who introduced me to the police hospital. As her request, I told her that I was saved by Komyo-Nyorai-sama. She was puzzled and said, “Are you talking about the part that you had the operation on?” She also said, “Are you sure that you have recovered?” She told me that the surgeon made a critical error. He injured the bladder and cut the urethra. The doctors said that I would be never saved. It was too late to hear but I was so surprised that I became speechless. After that, I vomited coffee like things seven times. Each time I had serious purification, I was glad because I thought that God made me happier. Thank you very much, Meshiya-sama. You have saved me both spiritually and physically. You have made me truly happy. You also make me help other people. I feel full of gratitude and shed tears with joy. Thank you very much again, Meshiya-sama.

Translated by N.H